Previously, we found that seven years of allotted prophetic time is yet to be fulfilled.
We determined that the second half of this prophetic week is the Great Tribulation period that The Most High has forewarned us about.
And we concluded that the second half of the 70th Week had a duration of 1265 days.
We further found that:
1) The Confirmation of the Covenant, in conjunction with…
2) …the construction of the yet-to-be-built third Temple, are the two events that will indicate the start of the Final Seven Years.
And when these two events do occur, 1290 days will remain…
…for“the Remnant” to get to The Most High’s divine Place of Refuge in order to physically escape the predicted apocalypse and to greet Yeshua at His return.
However, there are some believers that have been indoctrinated to think that the first half of Daniel’s 70th Week has a duration of 1260 days.
To help clarify this issue, the prophetic scriptures further describe a third event…
…which will occur after the start of the Confirmation of the Covenant…
…and will happen 1035 days before the start of the Great Tribulation.
Examining this Tertiary Sign will be the focus of this article.
The details can be found in a 2300 day vision located in Daniel Chapter 8.
The vision begins with a mythical battle between a ram and a goat, where the goat conquers the ram. As the story progresses, one of the horns of the goat becomes all-powerful.
- And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
Daniel 8:9 KJV
At this point, I would like to make some general overviews of this vision. First and foremost, this 2300-day part of the vision is a description of events that will transpire at the end of the age.
- “I am here,” he said, “to tell you what is going to happen in the last days of the coming time of terror—for what you have seen pertains to that final event in history.”
Daniel 8:19 TLB
Next, I would like to point out that there are three events which define this vision, basically dividing the vision into two parts.
1. THE ONE HORN OF THE GOAT DOWNS THE HOST OF STARS
The first event is where the one horn of the goat goes about casting out of heaven some of the “host of the stars.”
- And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
Daniel 8:10 KJV
2. THE ONE HORN OF THE GOAT DESECRATES THE TEMPLE
The second event is where one horn of the goat magnifies himself, puts an end to the sacrifices and desolates the third temple sanctuary, which is a description of the Abomination of Desolation.
- Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.
Daniel 8:11 KJV
Note: This establishes that the one horn of the goat is the Abomination of Desolation, which downs “the host of the stars.”
3. THE RECONSECRATION OF THE MOST HOLY PLACE
The third event is the reconsecration of the Most Holy Place which concludes the 2300 vision.
- “How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?” He said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”
Daniel 8:13-14 NASB
The next step is to determine the duration of these two smaller parts of the vision.
The answer can be found by comparing this Tertiary chart with our 70th Week of Daniel Chart.
Notice in both visions that the Abomination of Desolation abolishes the animal sacrifices and desecrates the temple sanctuary (the Most Holy Place).
Now notice that both visions conclude with the reconsecration of the Most Holy Place which will take place by Yeshua at His second coming.
For visual clarity, we will now combine the two charts.
The durations from the 2555 Day chart can now be transposed to the Tertiary chart.
And since we predetermined that the second half of Daniel’s 70th Week has a duration of 1265 days…
…we can now safely conclude that the second portion of the Tertiary chart also has a duration of 1265 days.
We need only subtract 1265 days from 2300 days to determine the duration of first half of the vision.
So, the first half of the vision is 1035 days.
We now know that the downing of “the host of stars” is the Tertiary Sign which will occur 1035 days prior to the start of the Great Tribulation.
So, based on a 2555 day Tribulation period we can deduce that “the host of stars” will be cast down by the Abomination 255 days after the start of the 70th Week of Daniel.
And, in the off-chance that the first half of the 70th Week is 1260 days, then the downing of the host of stars would then take place 225 days after the confirmation of the covenant. In this respect, we need to be flexible.
But regardless of whether the first half of the Tribulation is 1290 or 1260 days, the downing of the host of stars will take place 1035 days before the start of the Great Tribulation period.
According to Daniel the prophet, The Most High has provided three distinct events which (when they occur) are signs that will let ”the Remnant of Israel” know that the 70th Week of Daniel is in progress.
The first two signs are the Confirmation of the Covenant, which will take place in conjunction with the rebuilding of the Third Temple.
When these two events occur, “the Remnant” will then have 1290 days to get to The Most High’s divine place of refuge before the start of the Great Tribulation period.
255 days later, (based on a 2555 day Tribulation period), the Abomination of Desolation will cast down “the host of stars.”
And when this downing of “the host of stars” occurs, understand that a 1035 day window remains for you to get to The Old City of Jerusalem in order to physically escape the apocalypse so that you can greet the Yeshua at His return.