- Remember, please, the word which You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples; but if you return to Me and keep My commandments and do them, though those of you who have been scattered were in the most remote part of the heavens, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place where I have chosen to have My name dwell.’
Nehemiah 1:8-9 NASB
A FUTURE EXODUS
WHEN IT IS NO LONGER SAID
“Therefore behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when it will no longer be said, ‘As the Lord lives, who brought up the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt,’ but, ‘As the Lord lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had banished them.’ For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.”
Jeremiah 16:14-15 NASB
WHO WILL BE GATHERED?
THOSE THAT KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS
- So it will be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have placed before you, and you call them to mind in all the nations where the Lord your God has scattered you, and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul in accordance with everything that I am commanding you today, you and your sons, then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. If any of your scattered countrymen are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will be good to you and make you more numerous than your fathers.
Deuteronomy 30:1-5 NASB
THE HOUSE OF JUDAH AND & HOUSE OF ISRAEL
- In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together from the land of the north to the land that I gave your fathers as an inheritance.
Jeremiah 3:18 NASB
PLUS THE GENTILES THAT ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH ISRAEL
- “So you shall divide this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. You shall divide it by lot for an inheritance among yourselves and among the strangers who stay in your midst, who bring forth sons in your midst. And they shall be to you as the native-born among the sons of Israel; they shall be allotted an inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. And in the tribe with which the stranger resides, there you shall give him his inheritance,” declares the Lord God.
Ezekiel 47:21-23 NASB
NONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND
- Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind.
Ezekiel 39:28 NIV
WHERE IS ISRAEL GATHERED FROM?
FROM ALL COUNTRIES WHERE SCATTERED
- But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
Jeremiah 23:3 NKJV
FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH
- It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left, from Assyria and Egypt, from Pathros and Cush, from Elam and Shinar, from Hamath and the islands of the sea. He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Isaiah 11:11-12 NKJV
FROM THE LAND OF THE ENEMY
- Thus says the Lord: “Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.
Jeremiah 31:16 NKJV
THE REASON FOR THE GATHERING?
TO SAVE THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL
- For this is what the Lord says: “Sing aloud with joy for Jacob, and be joyful with the chief of the nations; proclaim, give praise, and say, ‘Lord, save Your people, the remnant of Israel!’
Jeremiah 31:7 NKJV
WHY ARE THE REMNANT BEING SAVED?
THE NATIONS ARE ABOUT TO BE JUDGED
- ‘For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, and will not let you go altogether unpunished.’
Jeremiah 30:11 NKJV
FLEE TO PHYSICALLY SAVE THEIR LIVES
- Flee from the midst of Babylon, and each of you save his life! Do not perish in her punishment, for this is the Lord’s time of vengeance; He is going to repay to her what she deserves.
Jeremiah 51:6 NASB
SIMILAR TO THE EXODUS FROM EGYPT
- “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out, I assuredly shall be king over you. I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out; and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face. Just as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you,” declares the Lord God.
Ezekiel 20: 34-36 NASB
The following six categories address these similarities between this future Greater Second Exodus and the past Exodus from Egypt.
THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY
After exiting Egypt, the children of Israel were told that that their destination was to the Land of milk and honey. Likewise, Israel’s destination during this future gathering will be within…
THE PROMISED LAND
- As a soothing aroma I will accept you when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered; and I will show Myself to be holy among you in the sight of the nations. And you will know that I am the Lord, when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the land which I swore to give to your forefathers.
Ezekiel 20:41-42 NASB
- Therefore say, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you from the countries among which you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.”’
Ezekiel 11:17 NASB
THE LAND PROMISED AS AN INHERITANCE
- In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
Jeremiah 3:18 KJV
NO ROOM WILL BE FOUND
- I will bring them back from the land of Egypt And gather them from Assyria; And I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon Until no room can be found for them.
During the first Exodus, the Most High split the Red Sea and the Children of Israel crossed on dry land. Likewise, in the future gathering…
MEN WILL CROSS WATERS IN DRY SANDALS
- The Lord will dry up the gulf of the Egyptian sea; with a scorching wind he will sweep his hand over the Euphrates River. He will break it up into seven streams so that anyone can cross over in sandals.
Isaiah 11:15 NIV
- They will pass through the sea of trouble; the surging sea will be subdue and all the depths of the Nile will dry up. Assyria’s pride will be brought down and Egypt’s scepter will pass away.
Zechariah 10:11 NIV
After crossing the Red Sea, the Children of Israel spent 40 years in the wilderness. Similarly, after crossing the Euphrates and the Nile…
ISRAEL WILL PASS THROUGH A WILDERNESS
- The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, and the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose; It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, Even with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, The excellence of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the excellency of our God. Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you.” Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert The parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water; In the habitation of jackals, where each lay, there shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
Isaiah 35:1-7 NKJV
A HIGHWAY LIKE WHEN ISRAEL LEFT EGYPT
- And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
Isaiah 11:16 KJV
THE HIGHWAY OF HOLINESS
- A highway shall be there, and a road, And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray. No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it;It shall not be found there. But the redeemed shall walk there,and the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isaiah 35:8-10 NKJV
Just as the Children of Israel lived in tents while in the wilderness, likewise those that will be in the gathering will be…
LIVING IN TENTS ONCE AGAIN
- But I have been the Lord your God since the land of Egypt; I will make you live in tents again, as in the days of the appointed festival.
Hosea 12:9 NASB
TESTS AND PURGES
For 40 years, the Children of Israel were tested and those that failed the tests were purged. Notice that in this future gathering, Israel, once again is going be tested and…
REBELS WILL BE PURGED
- “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out, I assuredly shall be king over you.I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out; and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face.Just as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you,” declares the Lord God.“I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; and I will purge from you the rebels and those who revolt against Me; I will bring them out of the land where they reside, but they will not enter the land of Israel. So you will know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 20: 33-38NASB
Many people will begin at the start of this gathering. However, most that do begin are going to be purged, and only…
A REMNANT WILL RETURN
- For though your people, O Israel, may be like the sand of the sea, Only a remnant within them will return; A destruction is determined, overflowing with righteousness.
Isaiah 10:22 NASB
According to Zechariah, after arriving into the Land of Israel…
TWO THIRDS OF THE PEOPLE WILL BE PURGED
- And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the Lord, “that two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, but one-third shall be left in it:
Zechariah 13: 8a NKJV
This suggest that not the entire country of Israel will be a safe haven. So, if the entire land of Israel is not a safe haven, then…
WHERE IS THE PLACE OF REFUGE?
A PLACE BEST DESCRIBED AS A PEN
- I will surely gather all of you, Jacob; I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel. I will bring them together like sheep in a pen, like a flock in its pasture; the place will throng with people.
Micah 2:12 NIV
According to the prophet Joel, the Remnant will be delivered in:
THE OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM
REMNANT DELIVERED IN JERUSALEM
- And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the remnant whom the Lord calls.
Joel 2:32 NKJV
THE INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM WILL BE DEFENDED
- In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them.
Zechariah 12:8 NKJV
The watchmen will be calling out…
LET US GO UP TO ZION
- For there shall be a day when the watchmen will cry on Mount Ephraim, ‘arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the Lord our God.’ ” For thus says the Lord: “Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations; Proclaim, give praise, and say, ‘O Lord, save Your people, the remnant of Israel!’ Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the ends of the earth, among them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and the one who labors with child, together; A great throng shall return there. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.
Jeremiah 31:6-9 NKJV
- People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:19-21 NIV
Along THE WAY, the testing process will continue.
REFINED AS SILVER
- And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”
Zechariah 13:9 NASB
WHEN DOES THE GATHERING TAKE PLACE?
So, when does this gathering take place? According to the prophet Daniel, seven years of allotted prophetic time remains to be fulfilled. This final seven years is often referred to as…
THE 70TH WEEK OF DANIEL
- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Daniel 9:27 KJV
A TIME TIMES & HALF TIME / 3 1/2 YEARS
- This is what he said, “The fourth beast is the fourth reign on earth, which is different from all other reigns, and it devours all the earth, tramples it down and crushes it. And the ten horns are ten sovereigns from this reign. They shall rise, and another shall rise after them, and it is different from the first ones, and it humbles three sovereigns, and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times and law, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time.”
Daniel 7:23-27 ISR
All unfulfilled scripture, concerning the end of the age, will be fulfilled during this seven year allotment of prophetic time.
Next: THE WORLD SYSTEM