In this article, we will be determining some of the steps you will need to take in order to prepare for this predicted assembling of “the Remnant of Israel.”
Previously, we found that the Abomination of Desolation is predicted to sit in the (yet-to-be-built) third Temple and proclaim himself to be The Most High.
- Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
Matthew 24:15 NASB
This act by the Abomination is the start of the Great Tribulation period…
- For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.
Matthew 24:21 NASB
… and the sign for “the Remnant of Israel” to “flee” to the Old City of Jerusalem (which is built on several mountains).
- Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
Matthew 24:16 NASB
The reason “the Remnant” is instructed to “flee” is because the armies of the Abomination will be in the process of surrounding the Old City in an attempt to destroy the ancient city.
- But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.
Luke 21:20 NASB
But, The Most High is going to protect the inhabitants of the Old City with a pillar of fire and column of smoke…
- Then The Most High will create over the whole area of Mount Zion and over her assemblies a cloud by day and the brightness of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory will be a canopy.
Isaiah 4:5 KJVm
…just as He protected the Children of Israel from Egypt while in the wilderness.
- At the morning watch, The Most High looked down on the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud and brought the army of the Egyptians into confusion.
Exodus 14:24 KJVm
This protection will last for the 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation.
- Two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she *was nourished for 3 1/2 years, from the presence of the serpent.
Revelation 12:14 KJVm
However, halting the advances of the assault doesn’t prevent the sieging armies from making the conditions inside the fortress as miserable as possible. So, expect all services into the Old City, such as water and food supplies, to be cut off.
Fortunately, the Old City fortress has the Gihon spring as a water source. One of the access points to the spring is the Siloam pool, which was first built during the reign of Hezekiah (715–687 BC), as a water supply inside the Old City in the event of a siege.
- While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world.” When He had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.
John 9:5-7 NASB
The Siloam pool is the same pool that Yeshua instructed the blind beggar to rinse his eyes in order to have his sight restored.
- When He (the Son of Man) had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.
John 9:6-7 NASB
According to John, “the Remnant” can expect to be divinely fed for the 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation.
- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of The Most High, that they should feed her there 1260 days.
Revelation 12:6 KJVm
MANNA FROM HEAVEN
The food of choice: manna…
- He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.
Revelation 2:17 NASB
… just as the Children of Israel were provided manna while in the wilderness during the Exodus from Egypt.
- The sons of Israel ate the manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate the manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.
Exodus 16:35 NASB
And though this “place of refuge” has been divinely prepared by Elohim, this doesn’t mean that there is no preparation involved on your part in this future trek.
Take the water for example. The water is there. But notice that the pool is a small area which has to accommodate all the people that will be gathered within the Old City during the Great Tribulation.
Logistically, each individual will have a limited amount of daily access time at this water source. The solution is for everyone to have their own personal water container where they can scoop the water up and quickly move away from the pool area so the rest of the people can get access.
The container of choice: The five-gallon bucket.
Another example is the manna. As the water, it will be there. However, everyone will be responsible for gathering their own portion of manna.
Notice that each person (during the first Exodus) would collect an “omer” amount of manna which is equivalent to just over nine cups of dry food.
- When they measured it with an omer, he who had gathered much had no excess, and he who had gathered little had no lack; every man gathered as much as he should eat.
Exodus 16:18 NASB
Likewise, you will need a container to collect the manna. But keep in mind that you will need to collect twice as much on Friday, just as “the Children of Israel” had to during the Exodus from Egypt.
- Now on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one… …Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the sabbath, there will be none.”
Exodus 16: 22,26 NASB
For those of you that are planning to be in the Greater Second Exodus, the following is a suggested checklist of things you may want to consider.
- FIVE GALLON BUCKET
- CONTAINER FOR GATHERING MANNA
- ORAL HYGIENE
- FINGERNAIL CLIPPER
- MENDING NEEDLES AND THREAD
- OLIVE OIL
- OIL LAMP
- STRAIGHT RAZOR / KNIFE
- SHARPENING STONE
- FOLDING SHOVEL
- PORTABLE SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER
- DENTIST; If there are any dentists out there, please bring some tools for pulling teeth
NOTE: The listed items won’t be available for purchase once the siege starts. You will need to have these items prior to the start of the Great Tribulation.
Next: Preparing for the Greater Second Exodus – Clothes