Previously, we found that the disciples asked Yeshua about the events which lead up to His return and the end of the age.
- As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
Matthew 24:3 NASB
Part of His response was a description of Daniel’s visions, where the Abomination of Desolation is going to desecrate the Holy Place which is a room that is part of the yet-to-be-built third temple.
- “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)“
Matthew 24:15 NASB
We further found that the desecration of the Third Temple by the Abomination of Desolation is the event which designates the start of the Great Tribulation…
… and that it is “the” sign for those of you that will have gathered in Judaea at that time, to “flee” for the mountain fortress we know as the Old City of Jerusalem.
- …(let the reader understand) then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
Matthew 24: 15 -16 NASB
This suggests a sense of urgency similar to the Exodus from Egypt.
Notice in the Exodus from Egypt that the Children of Israel were instructed to hastily travel lightly, with only the clothes on their backs and the sandals on their feet.
- Now you shall eat it in this manner: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste—it is the Lord’s Passover.
Forty years later, they were still wearing the same clothes and sandals which they had started with.
- I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandal has not worn out on your foot.
Deuteronomy 29:5 NASB
Likewise, “the Remnant” are going to have to hastily enter the Place of Refuge with the clothes on their backs.
So, what clothes should be worn during the Greater Second Exodus. According to the account of the two witnesses, the cloth of choice is sackcloth.
- And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.
Revelation 11: 3 NASB
So, what is sackcloth?
- And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Revelation 6:12 NASB
According to John, sackcloth is coarse black cloth woven from animal hair.
Notice that John the Baptist wore sackcloth during his ministry.
- Now John himself had a garment of camel’s hair and a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.
Matthew 3:4 NASB
So, the cloth of choice for the clothes that “the Remnant of Israel” will be wearing during the Greater Second Exodus is sackcloth.
Next: When does the Greater Second Exodus Begin