Previously, we found that the prophetic scriptures forewarn us of “judgment” plagues, which will devastate our world system and bring all life on Earth to the brink of extinction.
- And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
Matthew 24:22 KJV
We determined that The Most High is going to protect “the Remnant of Israel” in a future Exodus which will have a similar outcome to the Exodus from Egypt.
- Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
Jeremiah 16:14-15 KJVm
This future assembling of “The Remnant” is called the Greater Second Exodus.
We further found that past incidents occurred as examples and were documented so that “the Remnant” would have insight into future end time events.
- All these things happened to them as examples—as object lessons to us—to warn us against doing the same things; they were written down so that we could read about them and learn from them in these last days as the world nears its end.
Corinthians 10:11 TLB
And we determined that The Most High has prepared the Old City of Jerusalem as the Place of Refuge, where “the Remnant of Israel” will be “called” to and “delivered” from the “judgment” plagues (and other apocalyptic events), so that they will be alive to greet Yeshua at His return.
- And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Joel 2:32 KJVm
However, “the Remnant” won’t be the only ones participating in the Greater Second Exodus. According to the scriptures, there are going to be “rebellious” individuals that are also going to be at The Most High’s Place of Refuge during the Greater Second Exodus. Unfortunately, these individuals are going to be divinely “purged” before, during and at the very end of the Greater Second Exodus.
- And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant: And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and you shall know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel 20: 37-38 KJVm
Basically, both “the Remnant” and “the rebels” will assemble in the Old City of Jerusalem at The Most High’s appointed time, further suggesting that both groups will be aware of the Place of Refuge and the appointed time line.
So, what differentiates “the rebels” from “the Remnant”? The most apparent difference will be that the rebellious individuals will not understand or be aware of the purges, while “the Remnant” will be, giving them the opportunity to prepare.
- Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Daniel 12:9-10 KJV
In the next article, we are going to examine a predicted purge, to determine what “the Remnant” can expect, so that you can be prepared for when the Greater Second Exodus begins.