There are fearful people that don’t believe that G’d is capable of protecting the Remnant in Jerusalem.
REMNANT DELIVERED ON MOUNT ZION / SAVED
- And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the remnant whom the Lord calls.
Joel 2:32 NKJV
SALVATION ON ZION
- Hearken to Me, you stout-hearted, that are far from righteousness. I have brought near My righteousness, it shall not go far, and My salvation shall not delay, and I will give salvation in Zion, to Israel, My glory.
Isaiah 46:1-13 CJB
THE REDEEMED WILL RETURN TO ZION
- And the redeemed of the Lord will return And come to Zion with joyful shouting, And everlasting joy will be on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, And sorrow and sighing will flee away.
Isaiah 51:11 NASB
- 8The voice of your watchmen! They shall lift up their voices, together they shout for joy, because eye to eye they see the return of יהוה to Tsiyon.
- 9Break forth into joy, sing together, you waste places of Yerushalayim! For יהוה shall comfort His people, He shall redeem Yerushalayim.
- 10יהוה shall lay bare His set-apart arm in the eyes of all the nations. And all the ends of the earth shall see the deliverance of our Elohim.
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 52:8-20 ISR
YHVH WILL DEFEND JERUSALEM
- 4 For thus the Lord has spoken to me: “As a lion roars,
And a young lion over his prey
(When a multitude of shepherds is summoned against him,
He will not be afraid of their voice
Nor be disturbed by their noise),
So the Lord of hosts will come down
To fight for Mount Zion and for its hill.
- 5 Like birds flying about,
So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem.
Defending, He will also deliver it;
Passing over, He will preserve it.”
Isaiah 31:4-5 NKJV
PILLAR OF FIRE COLUMN OF SMOKE / THE PLACE OF REFUGE
- And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, “We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.”
- 2 In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious; And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped. 3 And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy—everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem. 4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning, 5 then the Lord will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering. 6 And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 4:1-6 NKJV
YHVH WILL BE A WALL OF FIRE AROUND JERUSALEM
- 1 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 So I said, “Where are you going?”And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its width and what is its length.” 3 And there was the angel who talked with me, going out; and another angel was coming out to meet him, 4 who said to him, “Run, speak to this young man, saying: ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls, because of the multitude of men and livestock in it.5For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’ ”
Ezekiel 2:1-5 NKJV
YHVH WILL SHIELD JERUSALEM / DESTROY THE NATIONS
- 12 A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.
- The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: 2 “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem.3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her,I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the Lord. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, ‘The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.’
- 6 “On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
- 7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
Zechariah 12:1-9 NIV
ESCAPE TO ZION / INSTRUCTIONS TO FLEE
- 6 “Up, up! Flee from the land of the north,” says the Lord; “for I have spread you abroad like the four winds of heaven,” says the Lord. 7 “Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.”
Ezekiel 2:6-7 NKJV
LET THOSE THAT ESCAPE KEEP JERUSALEM IN MIND
- As Babylon has caused the slain of Israel to fall, So at Babylon the slain of all the earth shall fall. You who have escaped the sword, get away! Do not stand still! Remember the Lord afar off, and let Jerusalem come to your mind.
Jeremiah 51:49-50 NKJV
JERUSALEM / HOLY MOUNTAIN OF YHVH
- And they will bring all your people, from all the nations, to my holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels,” says the Lord. “They will bring them, as the Israelites bring their grain offerings, to the temple of the Lord in ceremonially clean vessels.
Isaiah 66:20 NIV
WHERE MY NAME DWELLS
- ‘Since the day that I brought My people from the land of Egypt, I did not choose a city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house, so that My name might be there, nor did I choose a man to be the leader over My people Israel; but I have chosen Jerusalem so that My name might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.’
2 Chronicles 6:5-6 NKJV
THE DWELLING PLACE OF YHVH
- For the Lord has chosen Zion;
- He has desired it for His dwelling place:
- “This is My resting place forever;
- Here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
Psalms 132:13-14 NKJV
YHVH WILL REIGN IN JERUSALEM
- Andthe moon shall blush, and the sun shall be ashamed, for יהוה of hosts shall reign on Mount Tsiyon, and in Yerushalayim, and before His elders, in esteem!
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 24:23 ISR
THE HOUSE OF ELOHIM IN JERUSALEM
- “Thus said Koresh sovereign of Persia, ‘יהוה Elohim of the heavens has given me all the reigns of the earth. And He has commanded me to build Him a house in Yerushalayim which is in Yehuḏah. Who is among you of all His people? His Elohim be with him! And let him go up to Yerushalayim, which is in Yehuḏah, and build the House of יהוה Elohim of Yisra’ĕl – He is Elohim – which is in Yerushalayim.
Ezra 1:2-3 ISR
JACOB’S LADDER / THE HOUSE OF ELOHIM
- 10And Ya‛aqoḇ went out from Be’ĕrsheḇa and went toward Ḥaran.11And he came upon a place and stopped over for the night, for the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep.
- 12And he dreamed and saw a ladder set up on the earth, and its top reached to the heavens, and saw messengers of Elohim going up and coming down on it. 13And see, יהוה stood above it and said, “I am יהוה Elohim of Aḇraham your father and the Elohim of Yitsḥaq. The land on which you are lying, I give it to you and your seed.
- 14“And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall break forth to the west and to the east, to the north and the south. And all the clans of the earth shall be blessed in you and in your seed.15“And see, I am with you and shall guard you wherever you go, and shall bring you back to this land. For I am not going to leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”
- 16And Ya‛aqoḇ awoke from his sleep and said, “Truly, יהוה is in this place, and I did not know it.”17And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of Elohim, and this is the gate of the heavens!”
Berĕshith (Genesis) 28:10-17 ISR
THE HOUSE OF YHVH
- In the courts of the House of יהוה, In your midst, O Yerushalayim. Praise Yah!
Tehillim (Psalms) 116:19 ISR
JERUSALEM / THE HOUSE OF THE ELOHIM
- 2And it shall be in the latter days that the mountain of the House of יהוה is established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills. And all nations shall flow to it.
- 3And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Ya‛aqoḇ, and let Him teach us His ways, and let us walk in His paths, for out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah, and the Word of יהוה from Yerushalayim.”
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 2:2-3 ISR
JERUSALEM / THE THRONE OF YHVH
- 11 And the Lord said to me, “Faithless Israel has proved herself to be more righteous than treacherous Judah. 12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north and say,
- ‘Return, faithless Israel,’ declares the Lord;
‘I will not look at you in anger.
For I am gracious,’ declares the Lord;
‘I will not be angry forever.
- ‘Return, faithless Israel,’ declares the Lord;
- 13 Only acknowledge your wrongdoing, that you have revolted against the Lord your God, and have scattered your favors to the strangers under every leafy tree,and you have not obeyed My voice,’ declares the Lord. 14 ‘Return, you faithless sons,’ declares the Lord; For I am a master to you, and I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and bring you to Zion.’
- 15 “Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you knowledge and understanding. 16 And it shall be in those days when you become numerous and are fruitful in the land,” declares the Lord, “they will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the Lord.’ And it will not come to mind, nor will they remember it, nor miss it, nor will it be made again. 17 At that time they will call Jerusalem ‘The Throne of the Lord,’ and all the nations will assemble at it, at Jerusalem, for the name of the Lord; and they will no longer follow the stubbornness of their evil heart. 18 In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together from the land of the north to the land that I gave your fathers as an inheritance.
Jeremiah 3:11-18 NASB
THE WAY TO ZION
- People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although יהוה gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way; walk in it.”
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 30:19-21
THE HIGHWAY OF HOLINESS
- 8 A highway will be there, a roadway, and it will be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean will not travel on it, but it will be for him who walks that way, and fools will not wander on it.
- 9 No lion will be there, nor will any vicious beast go up on it; These will not be found there. But the redeemed will walk there,
- 10 And the ransomed of the Lord will return and come with joyful shouting to Zion, with everlasting joy upon their heads. They will find gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
(Isaiah 35: 8-10 NASB)
ZION FROM A WILDERNESS TO EDEN
- Indeed, the Lord will comfort Zion; He will comfort all her ruins. And He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, Thanksgiving and the sound of a melody.
Isaiah 51:3 NASB
OUTCAST GATHERED TO JERUSALEM
- יהוה builds up Yerushalayim, He gathers the outcasts of Yisra’ĕl
Tehillim (Psalms) 147:2 ISR
BLIND & LAME / LET US GO TO ZION / GREET YHVH
- For there will be a day, that the watchmen on the mountains of Ephraim will call out, Arise and let usgo up to Zion unto יהוה Elohenu. For יהוה says; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: proclaim, give praise and say, יהוה save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travails with child together: a great company will return here. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 31:6-9 ISR
SEVENTY WEEKS OF DANIEL / SET-APART CITY
- “Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and for your set-apart city, to put an end to the transgression, and to seal up sins, and to cover crookedness, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophet, and to anoint the Most Set-apart.
Dani’ĕl (Daniel) 9:24 ISR
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM
- Pray for the peace of Yerushalayim, Let those who love You be at rest.
Tehillim (Psalms) 122:6 ISR
THOSE WHO TRUST YHVH
- 1Those who trust in יהוה Are like Mount Tsiyon – It is not shaken, it remains forever.
- 2As the mountains surround Yerushalayim, So יהוה surrounds His people, Now and forever.
Tehillim (Psalms) 125:1-2 ISR
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO DWELL IN JERUSALEM
- Blessed from Tsiyon, יהוה be, Who dwells in Yerushalayim! Praise Yah.
Tehillim (Psalms) 135:21 ISR
THE GATHERED WILL WORSHIP YHVH IN JERUSALEM
- 12And in that day it shall be that יהוה threshes, from the channel of the River to the wadi of Mitsrayim. And you shall be gathered one by one, O children of Yisra’ĕl.
- 13And in that day it shall be that a great shophar is blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Ashshur and the outcasts in the land of Mitsrayim shall come, and shall worship יהוה on the set-apart mountain, in Yerushalayim.
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 27:12-13 ISR
THE HOUSE OF JUDAH AND THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL
17“At that time Yerushalayim shall be called the throne of יהוה, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the Name of יהוה, to Yerushalayim, and no longer walk after the stubbornness of their evil heart.
18“In those days the house of Yehuḏah shall go to the house of Yisra’ĕl, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers.
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 3:17-18 ISR
INSTRUCTIONS TO SEEK REFUGE ON ZION
- “Lift up a standard toward Zion! Seek refuge, do not stand still, for I am bringing evil from the north, and great destruction.
Jer 4:6 NASB95
DWELL IN SAFETY IN JERUSALEM
- 14See, the days are coming,’ declares יהוה, ‘when I shall establish the good word which I have promised to the house of Yisra’ĕl and to the house of Yehuḏah:
- 15In those days and at that time I cause a Branch of righteousness to spring forth for Dawiḏ. And He shall do right-ruling and righteousness in the earth.
- 16In those days Yehuḏah shall be saved, and Yerushalayim dwell in safety. And this is that which shall be proclaimed to her: ‘יהוה our Righteousness.’
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 33:14-16 ISR
NEW TESTAMENT PASSAGES
THE TWO WITNESSES IN JERUSALEM FOR 1260 DAYS
- 3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”
- 7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also [c]our Lord was crucified.
Revelation 11:3 & 7-8 NKJV
WORSHIPERS IN THE TEMPLE (IN JERUSALEM)FOR 42 MONTHS
- Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.
Revelation 11:1-2 NKJV
TRAVAILING IN BIRTH / BROUGHT FORTH A MAN-CHILD
- 2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
- 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Revelation 12:2 & 5 NKJV
ZION TRAVAILED / GIVE BIRTH TO HER CHILDREN
- 5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. 6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
- 7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
- 8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
- 10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her 11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
- 12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. 13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 66:5-13 KJV
THE WOMAN FLEES TO WILDERNESS / 3 1/2 YEARS
- 6Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
- 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might flyinto the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
Revelation 12:6 & 14 NKJV
ZION IS A WILDERNESS
- Your holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation.
Yeshayah (Isaiah) 64:10 NKJV