According to the Prophets, YHWH is going to gather a remnant from the twelve tribes of Israel, back to the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
THE GATHERING OF THE REMNANT
- Therefore, behold days are coming, says the Lord, and it shall no longer be said, “As the Lord lives, Who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,” but, “As the Lord lives, Who brought up the children of Israel from the northland and from all the lands where He had driven them,” and I will restore them to their land that I gave to their forefathers.
Jeremiah 16:14-15 CJB
FROM THE LAND OF THEIR ENEMIES
When I return them from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies, I shall be sanctified through them before the eyes of many nations.
Ezekiel 39:27 CJB
The reason YHVH is gathering the remnant back to “the land” from the land of the enemy is…
TO SAVE THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL
- For thus says the Lord: “Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the nations; Proclaimm, give praise, and say, ‘O Lord, save Your Prople, the remnant of Israel!’
Jeremiah 31:7 NKJV
And what are the remnant of Israel being saved from?
THE NATIONS ARE ABOUT TO BE JUDGED
- For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, and will not let you go altogether unpunished.’
Jeremiah 30:11 NKJV
Fortunately, we are provided with insight into future events based upon the outcome of past events.
NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN
- What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 NASB
The classic example of a past judgment of the nations is Noah and the flood. Notice that Noah was first…
FOREWARNED OF JUDGEMENT
- And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth
Genesis 6:13 NKJV
After being forewarned, Noah was then provided with…
DIVINE SURVIVAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.
Genesis 6:14 NKJV
So, Noah was first forewarned that the nations at his time were going to be judged. And as previously stated, we are also being forewarned that in this times,…
THE NATIONS ARE ABOUT TO BE JUDGED
- For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you,
Jeremiah 30:11 NKJV
What most people aren’t aware of is that we, like Noah, are also being provided divine survival instructions so that we can physically survive the coming judgment. The following verse is one example of these instructions…
DIVINE SURVIVAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Flee from within Babylon and each one save his life, be not cut off in her iniquity; for it is the time of the Lord’s vengeance; He is paying her a recompense.
Jeremiah 51:6 KJVm
Very simply, the instruction to “flee” the world system we know as Babylon, is part of these survival instructions. Those that heed this warning by leaving the land of the enemy will physically, “save his life.”
BACK TO THE PROMISED LAND
- Therefore, behold days are coming, says the Lord and it shall no longer be said, “As the Lord lives, Who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,” But, “As the Lord lives, Who brought up the children of Israel from the northland and from all the lands where He had driven them, ” and I will restore them to their land that I gave to their forefathers.
Jeremiah 16:14-15 KJVm
NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND
- Then they will know that I am the Lord their Elohim when I exile them to the nations, and I shall gather them to their land, and I shall no longer leave any of them there.
Ezekiel 39:28 NIV
FISHERS AND HUNTERS
- Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
Jeremiah 16:16 KJVm
WHO IS GOING?
- And it will be, when all these things come upon you the blessing and the curse which I have set before you that you will consider in your heart, among all the nations where the Lord your Elohim has banished you, and you will return to the Lord your, your Elohim, with all your heart and with all your soul, and you will listen to His voice according to all that I am commanding you this day you and your children, then, the Lord, your Elohim, will bring back your exiles, and He will have mercy upon you. He will once again gather you from all the nations, where the Lord, your Elohim, had dispersed you.
A QUESTION THAT MANY ASK
How am I supposed to get there? The answer lies in understanding that this future gathering of the remnant will have a similar outcome to the Exodus from Egypt.
- And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein you are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I judged you face to face, just as I judged your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt. So will I judged you, says the Lord.
Ezekiel 20:33-36 KJVm
Notice the various similarities:
SIMILARITY #1 – REFUGEES
If the Exodus from Egypt happened today, the children of Israel would be classified as refugees, fleeing the bondage of slavery from Egypt.
Likewise, the scriptures which describe the Gathering of the Remnant, suggest that this future exodus is also a refugee situation, for example:
SIMILARITY #2 – TENTS
One of the most recent influx of refugees into the United States was the Mariel Boat Lift, which brought more than 80,000 Cuban’s to these shores. This sudden influx of Cuban refugees into Miami required local officials to find temporary housing to accommodate these new arrivals. The solution was the fabrication of a tent city at the Orange Bowl in Miami.
Likewise, the children of Israel used tents for the entire 40 year that they were in the wilderness.
SIMILARLY, THE REMNANT ARE GOING TO BE FACED WITH LIVING IN TENTS AGAIN.
TENTS ONCE AGAIN
- And I am the Lord your Elohim since the land of Egypt and again I will make you live in tents as in the days of the earlier times.
Hosea 12:9 KJVm
TO THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY
Ultimately, the destination for the children of Israel after leaving Egypt, was the “Land of Milk and Honey.”
Once again, the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be the destination for us that will be in this future gathering of the remnant.
Similarly, the destination for those of us that will be in this future gathering of the remnant will be…
THE PROMISED LAND
- In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
Jeremiah 3:18 KJV
The children of Israel did not go directly from Egypt to the ‘land of milk and honey,” rather they were diverted in the wilderness where they went through a vetting process. Similarly, the remnant, after being gathered from the lands they were scattered to, are going to be…
STOPPED AT THEIR BORDER
- And there is hope for your future, says the Lord and the children shall return to their own border.
Jeremiah 31:17 KJVm
It appears that circumstances are going to prevent the remnant from entering “the land,” forcing them to temporarily settle into the following areas. Notice…
A SECOND EFFORT TO RECOVER THE REMNANT
- And it will come to pass in that day the Lord will set his hand again a second time to recover the remnant of his people, which will be left, from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Cush, from Elam, from Shinar, from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isaiah 11:11 KJVm
MEN WILL CROSS RIVERS IN DRY SANDALS
Two obstacles which will prevent the remnant from reaching “the land” are the Nile and the Euphrates rivers. Eventually however, both rivers will dry up.
- They will pass through the sea of trouble; the surging sea will be subdued and all the depths of the Nile will dry up. Assyria’s pride will be brought downand Egypt’s scepter will pass away.
Zechariah 10:11 NIV
- The Lord will dry up the gulf of the Egyptian sea; with a scorching wind he will sweep his handover the Euphrates River. He will break it up into seven streams so that anyone can cross over in sandals.
Isaiah 11:15 NIV
SIMILARITY #4 – CROSSING WATER
After crossing the Nile and Euphrates rivers, the remnant enter “the land” and enter into basically a wilderness area, just as the children of Israel had to do after exiting Egypt.
SIMILARITY #5 – THE WILDERNESS
- “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out, I assuredly shall be king over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out; 35 and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face. 36 Just as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you,” declares the Lord God.
Ezekiel 20: 33-36 NASB
- And there will be a highway for the remnant of His people, which will be left from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
Isaiah 11:16 KJVm
THE WAY / A HIGHWAY IN THE DESERT
- A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord;
make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.”
Isaiah 40:3-4 NASB
THE HIGHWAY BY WHICH YOU WENT
- Set up markers for yourself, place small palms for yourself, put your heart to the highway, the way upon which you went. Return, O virgin of Israel, return to these your cities.
CLEAR THE WAY FOR THE PEOPLE
- Go through, go through the gates, clear a way for the people! Build up, build up the highway, remove the stones, lift up a flag over the peoples.
Isaiah 62:10 NASB
WATER IN THE WILDERNESS
- See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
Isaiah 43:19-21 NIV
THE HIGHWAY OF HOLINESS / A HEALING
- The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert will rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of The Most High and the excellency of our Most High. Strengthen the weak hands and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your Most High will come with vengeance, even The Most High with a recompense; he will come and save you . Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then will the lame man leap as a deer and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness will waters break out and streams in the desert. And the parched ground will become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of jackals, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes. There will be a highway and it shall be called The way of holiness. The unclean will not pass over it; but it will be for others: Whoever walks the road, although fools, they will not go astray. No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: And the ransomed of The Most High shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isaiah 35: 1-10 KJVm
Those of us that will be in this gathering will eventually reach the land of present day Israel. And because so many people will be in the gathering, that there will be…
NO MORE ROOM
- I will bring them back from the land of Egypt and gather them from Assyria; And I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon until no room can be found for them.
Zechariah 10:10 NASB
Notice, that when the Abomination of Desolation enters the Land with his armies, that…
LET US GO TO ZION TO GREET YESHUA
- For there will be a day, that the watchmen on the mountains of Ephraim will call out, Arise and let us go up to Zion unto The Most High. For The Most High says; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: proclaim, give praise and say, Most High save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travails with child together: a great company will return here. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Jeremiah 31:6-9 KJVm
- People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:19-21 NIV