Previously, we found that we are forewarned of an apocalyptic period called the Great Tribulation.
And in order to protect “the Remnant” from this apocalyptic period, The Most High has prepared the Old City of Jerusalem as the Place of Refuge…
…where “the Remnant” will be fed…
- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of The Most High, where they will feed her there 1260 days.
Revelation 12:6 KJVm
…and shielded from “the Beast” for the 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation.
- And the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for 3 1/2 years, from the face of the serpent.
Revelation 12:14 KJVm
We further found that “the Remnant” must be at the Old City of Jerusalem before the start of the Great Tribulation in order to physically escape the apocalypse.
The reason “the Remnant” must be in position to enter the Old City prior to the start of the Great Tribulation is because of “the mark of the Beast,” which will be the focus of this article.
According to John, “the Beast” is going to rule the whole world for the 42 months of the Great Tribulation period.
- I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?” There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.
Revelation 13:3-5 NASB
And from the start of “the Beast’s” rule, everyone in the world will be required to “receive a mark”…
- And he will cause all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Revelation 13:16 KJVm
…which is the number of the Beast.
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred and sixty six.
Revelation 13:18 KJVm
We are warned not to take “the mark.”
- And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of The Most High, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment will ascend up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name.
Revelation 13:9-11 KJVm
Anyone refusing to take “the mark” will be rounded up and systematically martyred.
- And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Revelation 13:15 KJV
Notice that without this “mark,” no one will be unable to buy or sell anything.
- And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Revelation 13:17 KJV
And that’s the catch. The reason that you must be in position to enter the Old City of Jerusalem prior to the start of the Great Tribulation is because, once this apocalyptic period begins, you will not be able to purchase airline tickets or any other travel arrangements to get to The Most High’s Place of Refuge, without “the mark.”
Determining the exact number of days between the start of the Final Seven Years and the beginning of the Great Tribulation will be the focus of the next article.