Previously, we found that the Son of Man began His ministry by proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom in 15 parables. And that the good news He was conveying in these Kingdom parables was survival instructions for “the Remnant” that they might be alive to greet the Son of Man at His return.
We established that Elohim has prepared the Old City of Jerusalem as the Place of Refuge, where “the Remnant” will assemble to be protected during the 3 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation.
THE OLD CITY OF JERUSALEM
We determined that a purging process will take place during the seven years of the Greater Second Exodus, where “rebellious” individuals will be separated from the true “the Remnant.”
- And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel 20:38 KJVm
We also found that Yeshua instructed us to pray that we are counted “worthy to escape” the predicted apocalypse and to stand with Yeshua at His second coming.
- Watch, therefore and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:36 KJVm
In this article, we are going to determine what is expected from us to be counted “worthy to escape” so that we can physically escape the apocalyptic events and to be alive to greet Yeshua at His return.
- Then I saw thrones and they that sat upon them and the authority to make judgment was given to them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the testimony of the Son of Man, and for the word of the Most High, and those which had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands; and they lived and reigned with the Son of Man a thousand years.
Revelation 20:4 KJVm
According to John the Revelator keeping of the word of The Most High and having the testimony of the Yeshua are two basic requirements for dead believers to qualify for the first resurrection.
These two requirements will also be expected of “the Remnant” which are those believers that will be alive to greet Yeshua at His return. However, this raises a question; Is keeping these two requirements enough to achieve the level of being accounted “worthy to escape”? Unfortunately, the answer is no.
Notice in this short parable, that those believers which do only what they are “commanded” to do are still considered, according to the Yeshua, “unworthy.”
- “Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come immediately and sit down to eat’? But will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink and afterward you may eat and drink’? He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”
Luke 17:7-10 NASB
In other words, keeping the words / commandments of The Most High and having the testimony of the Yeshua may be enough to get you into the first resurrection, but it is still not enough to qualify you to the level of being “worthy to escape” the apocalypse? This suggests that “the Remnant” must go over-and-above what is commanded in order to physically escape the apocalypse.
To get a better understanding of this over-and-above level, let’s examine a past example of someone that was found “worthy to escape” a past apocalyptic event.
AS THE DAYS OF NOAH
Notice that end-time events, according to Yeshua, are going to have a similar outcome to those experienced by Noah.
- For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
Matthew 24:37 NASB
Have you ever wondered why there were only eight individuals in Noah’s ark? We know that Noah was justified by his faith in THe Most High. But just having faith didn’t get the ark built. And if Noah and his family didn’t build the ark, then they too would have succumbed to the flood with the rest of humanity.
So, the reason that there was only eight in the ark is that these “eight” were the only ones that were actively involved in the preparation of the ark.
Notice that Noah and his family were in a “covenant” with The Most High. But keeping “covenant” wasn’t enough to protect him from the flood waters.
Noah and his family had to go over & above and actively build the ark which qualified them as “worthy” to escape the flood.
This is the same message being conveyed in the end time Kingdom Parable of the Talents found in Matthew 25:14-30.
Note: this Kingdom parable (like the other Kingdom parables) is a description of Yeshua, coming with His Kingdom to protect “the Remnant” which will be alive to greet Him at the end of the age.
The Most High has prepared the Place of Refuge, but that does not mean the Remnant cannot be preparing for the coming apocalypse.
This is the message in the Kingdom parables.
PARABLE OF THE SOWER
THE PARABLE OF THE WHEAT AND TARES
The parable begins by identifying a Master who had three servants. The Master, being Yeshua, and the three servants, being believers, which suggests (as believers) that they would be keeping the “commandments” of The Most High and the testimony of the Yeshua.
- For it is just like a man about to go on a journey, who called his own slaves and entrusted his possessions to them.
Matthew 25:14 NASB
In the parable, three servants are given “talents” in order to produce a profit while their Master was away.
- To one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, each according to his own ability; and he went on his journey.
Matthew 25:15 NASB
In other words, they are expected to spread the Gospel of the Kingdom and to call others to the Greater Second Exodus.
Now after a long time the Master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. Mattithyahu (Matthew) 25:19 NASB
Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more talents.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’
Matthew 25:19-23 NASB
At the Master’s return, two of the servants produced a profit. In other words, these two “servants” went over and above, they were found “worthy” to enter the Kingdom.
- The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’
Matthew 25:21 NASB
- And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’
Matthew 25:24-25 NASB
- Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 25:30 NASB
Unfortunately, the third servant buried his talent. In other words, this third servant was aware of the Greater Second Exodus, but does not share the true Gospel of the Kingdom. This lack of action got this servant purged from the other two servants which entered into “the joy of the Master.”
In effect, the only “end time” believers that are going be “accounted worthy to escape” the predicted apocalypse and to be alive to greet the Yeshua at His return, will be those that hear the calling of the Greater Second Exodus and understand the need to actively prepare themselves and to reach others with this Gospel of the Greater Second Exodus.
Next: Worthy to Escape
Conversations concerning this and other articles are being discussed on FaceBook. Click this link to enter EXODUS X – THE GREATER SECOND EXODUS AND RETURN OF THE REMNANT OF ISRAEL on FaceBook.
I ENCOURAGE YOU TO SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH FRIENDS